Way back when in the blogosphere it was common for one blogger to “tag” another with a question. The tagged blogger would then answer the question and tag more bloggers. I was just thinking the other day how it was a cool way to connect bloggers. Well I was just tagged by Lisa Parisi to do an 11 question post. I have traced the tagging back to Kristy Vincent, but the tagging started even before her.
1/4/14 edit…I was just also tagged by Barry Saide and added his questions below.
Ok…here is how it works…
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
So in order…thank you Lisa. And before I was able to hit publish, I checked twitter, and Josh Stumpenhorst also tagged me, and then Ross Lebrun did! I will also answer their questions at the end.
- I love heavy metal music!
- I have a small farm and raise hogs and sheep and chickens
- I have a titanium plate in my neck.if you want to see the incision and cool x-ray
- I could survive on Gummy Bears…dipped in chocolate…frozen
- I love being outside
- If I won the lottery I quit teaching, and apply to be a sub for my class (all of the joy, none of the paperwork)
- I prefer to explore alone (unless my wife or kids come along 🙂
- My short term memory is nearly non-existent
- I really want to get a great camera and explore making more videos
- I have no ability to stay organized and neat
- I love presenting at conferences…but the thought of walking up to one person and talking scares me
Alright…I should not psychoanalyze my own list, but find it interesting that it is less of a list of facts about me and more like a list of things I want to do more of or improve in…
6. What do you do when no one else is around? Write blog posts
7. What are you better at than almost everyone you know? Using a chainsaw
8. If you had one hour to live and money was no object, what would you do? I think I am ready to skydive
9. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I tried to cross the top of a really tall mountain the middle of a lightening storm
10. What do you love about where you live? the view
11. What is your secret indulgence? Ridiculously loud music
And here are the questions from Barry Saide:
1. Last time you used a swear word emphatically? I have a small farm. I don’t know why, but almost ever person I have ever known could say they have never heard me swear…but not the animals. Last night the sheep went the opposite way that I needed them to go and I emphatically let them know it. It is a little know fcat that you can use swear words as verbs and nouns to make complete sentences. Just ask my hogs.
2. Food good to eat anytime that is not Chinese food or pizza? Gummy bears, there really isn’t a single meal or snack that is not better without them.
3. One inspirational quote that is not religious in nature? “The real things haven’t changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.” ― Laura Ingalls Wilder
4. One thing your parents made sure you learned to do that was not academic? Be on time…no…be early.
5. When I say Halloween, you think of a time when? I always feel guilty for sneaking the Kit Kats out of my daughters’ bags…
6. What motivates you? I like to do things no else does. If you recommend a book to me to read, I won’t read it. If you give me a lesson plan and tell me it’s awesome, I won’t do it. While the entire world is busy adding two plus two to make four, I am trying to figure out how two plus three can equal seven. I once drove my bike to work when it was 2 degrees below zero because no one does that! Tell me about your cat, I’ll tell you about my hogs. This also drive my teaching. I get kids to do things they did not know they were capable of doing. They experience a class that is like no other (I try at least!). This is a super question…it stopped me in my writing, and honestly if I answered it five minutes from now my answer would probably change.
7. What is one thing that you find “shady”? common core state standards (no, I will not capitalize the words)
8. One thing you said to someone that you wish you could take back? Uggg…check back in a couple days…I am actually writing a post about it.
9. When I am driving next to 18 wheeler trucks, I…(finish sentence) I wish I could jump in and drive to Alaska eating at truck stops and hanging out with truckers the whole way. I would also have a really cool handle and a surround sound CB.
10. Funniest thing you ever heard a kid say? I have no idea, I just know that the whole class was crying. It was about four years ago. When kids come back to visit from that class they always bring up that time, but no one remembers what was said. It was just a time in which everyone was in sync, got hysterical, and just could not stop. This was not spoken, but I love this sign put up by a kid.
11. One moment you would freeze in time? Any moment on my honeymoon.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Describe your favorite shirt?
- What band do you wish you could join as the lead singer?
- What should the title of your autobiography be?
- Who is one person that has had made you view the world differently?
- What have you done that you thought was impossible?
- What do you think most about?
- Where are you most relaxed?
- What is one thing you hate to admit?
- If you could remove one obstacle in living up to your potential, what would it be?
- If you could wear a t-shirt with one question that everyone you met asked you, what would it be??